Nuffnang

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Get fit or get skinny?

Many of my friends are asking me about slimming down... but again... Its very much depend what kind of slimming u're looking at? toned up? muscular? bamboo stick thin? anorexia skinny?

Still as Heavy, Mass vs Fats

I always emphasize... Am not skinny as you thot, am more of toned or rather muscular.. my thighs and arms are big but a little firm... I still have tummy but its firm and there's line... My view about slimming is to toned up and get fit.. I can't help anyone who is aiming to gauge their weight losing by looking at the KG lost.. Am still heavy as I am... am weighing at average 62kg, standing at 165cm. My BMI is acceptable but more towards the borderline case to overweight.. but am wearing a UK10, US S, manage to squeeze into a size 27", as compared to my more than 75KG weight, 32" waistline, UK 12 in the past...

Many people slim the wrong way, like I did in the past... on hunger strike... yup yup, weight drop... no exercise needed, my weight drop till 59 before.. but wat happen next, bounce back once I go back to my normal diet... Well, I do have to admit my normal diet isn't normal anyway, I eat alot...

Sharing weight loss methods

People love to ask me how I lose weight, but when I share my methods... They will give me tat "give up" face.. Remember: No Pain No Gain! U wan it, u do it... It is true that most of us gain weight easier as we age, and shedding weight seems much harder in all ways... By nature, metabolism begin to slow down as age catch up.. 1st to do, lock the metabolism... build muscle! muscle lead to higher metabolism rate.. Dun skip meals, don't starve, when u begin to starve urself, after your body had burn off the calories intake, it will target on burning of your muscle instead of fats. As always, by going on starvation, we got so excited over how much KG lost we achieve, But again, focus on the right thing, dress size.. Dress size will never went wrong. Instead of looking blindly at the KG loss, look at how much your dress size drop. Always remember, people will only believe in what they see, you can't be walking around with a weighing machine to prove to people that you had slim down.

So what about muscle loss.. muscle weigh 3 times heavier than fats. Almost every of my slimming post, I wrote that. When a body get toned up, even if it still stick to the same dress size, the weight goes up, but doesn't mean that you are fat, it means u're fit and stronger. Why build muscle? because muscle is firm and it definitely look better than boney or flabby body. Most importantly, Muscle boost up your metabolism. U need metabolism to fight fats, stay healthy, stay fit and stay young.

Health vs Slim

Yes, I do admit that I was fat before and now I actually dislike the past me... I have enough of bullshit that people tell me, they don't mind about looks, health is more important den looking good. Trust me, when u're fat, you're no way near healthy range, so don't bullshit. Slim down to stay healthy and looking good is a bonus. Slimming down is not unhealthy, its about how u do it.. Its just like when u tell me that you are doing detoxing but eating all the toxic food at the same time, It don't make sense at all! How to get rid of toxic when u are inputting toxic at the same time? Do it right... no hunger strike.. As u diet, you realized that your body adjust to the food you eat, your appetite become smaller, u won't feel hungry easily.

Cutting down on Carbo, even to the extreme of no carbo diet.. Please don't tell me, without carbo will DIE! If will, many people is dead by now... For your little knowledge, every food contain carbo, its about the quantity. No Carbo diet is no rice, noodle, bread, flour, yam, potato. However, at times, healthy carbo are to be consumed, like, potato, brown rice, whole meal bread, whole meal pasta, but of cos, don't over-eat, especially for potatoes. People telling me no carbo = no energy, well, I intake my energy from other sources, I had alot of meats, prefer the white meats, like chicken, fish especially, I do take beef too.. I will try to skip pork, because I always find it difficult to remove the fats on porks. Lamb a No No too, cos I hate the taste of it... Sashimi is my best love.. and when I hav craving, trust me, I'll go cold storage and grab a whole BBQ chicken to feast.. haha... and of cos, veg is the best friend of dieting... I hate veg, but I grew to enjoy it when I start taking salad.. choosing the salad dressing is an art, I don't usually go for thick dressing, I love vinaigrette dressing.. and try to have variety of veg, beet roots, pumpkin, avocado, lettuces, red cabbage, beans, tomatoes, etc, choose as many colour as possible. And not forgetting fruits, which have high water content too.. No Durian please!!! I heard Mango is good but I still try to play safe and skip it.

Lastly, have plenty of water, I myself fail to follow this rule, mainly becos I hate going to the toilet too often... even thou I noe water is good, I tend to forget.. Else I think my diet will be better. I'll touch on the goodness of water intake in my future posts.

To conclude, If you hate yourself, change it! If you can't change or not willing to change, then accept who you are, don't blame others for making fun of your appearance, don't even feel ashamed of your figure, don't even get affected by how others judge you. If you can't accept yourself, how others accept you.

No comments: