Nuffnang

Friday, February 15, 2013

Arts of Slimming

Something that I love to share... On the art of Slimming...

Well, this time round my slimming diary is more about a combination of exercise as well as diet.
Compare to before, I try my best to build on my metabolism rate. As we age, our metabolism drop. In the past, I can just easily slim down by watching my diet but of cos it won't last. Thus, exercise have to come into place.

Dieting
Dieting plays a big part in the whole slimming process. Watching what you eat and eat in moderation.
There are just food that you know you should avoid without even asking. For me, instead of choosing what to go into my mouth, I do it the simple way, meal replacement.
I'll say my 1st choice is this product by inLife, name S-Factor Plus, was introduce thru' a MLM company. But stop being skeptical about MLM, they do have good products. You may take this S-Factor to replace all 3 meals and no snacking, except for 2 fruits a day. Drink plenty of water. This works as a detox, not taking any junk food and it will flush out all the junks that you been taking. You will see an instant weight loss at the initial period, it work extremely well for those who have never tried dieting.

But you can't expect to continue seeing result even you keep taking it every single day. Our body system is like a stubborn kids, when you give it the same thing every day, it will start to get immune to it and not responding anymore. Changes is necessary. You can take the replacement meal for like 1 to 2 weeks, and eat normal but lesser. I did it just before CNY hit.. and the day after the reunion steamboat dinner, I lost a KG. But again, thru'out the long weekends, I still control my eating habit, no carb diet, minimal amount of junk food. Cut down on the sweet drinks, especially the gassy ones. I manage to maintain it still..
However, S-factor is quite pricy, it cost more than SGD$100 which last you like around 2 weeks only (if let say you took it like 3 meals a day).

Alternatives, I went for Herbalife, replacing 2 meals of the day and eat normal for 1 meal, same thing, eat in moderation and no carb!

Exercise
I begin to love exercising. Yes, when there's a will, there's a way. I hate jogging, super hate it, it cause my knees to ache.. I do swimming.. and yes, I don't mind about the tan, in fact, I love tanning. Swimming is an overall exercise, I felt muscle ache on my bicep, tummy, thighs. Whenever I feel the ache, am extremely contented.
But again, in this tropical climate, rain can stop the activities. So I need other source of exercise to JUST SWEAT IT OUT! I do zumba with wii at home. Its a good workout, I feel my muscle been stretch and sweat. Am too shy to go for the studio Zumba. I gonna try out the Hot yoga soon.
Or even the simple one, just walk the stairs everyday.
Toning wise, I did like sit-up before I sleep. Recently I got myself a Gym Ball, it super great! I did my crunches with it, simply just bounce on it and rotate my waist while sitting on one. Its handy, it can add as a chair and what else, toning while you are sitting down.
Click here for the gym ball exercise guide!

And yes, I just shot a recent photo which is able to showcase my result:

So yup! keep it up and dun give up! I can do it, so everyone can too..